Tuesday 27 March 2012

Week 4 - My personal butter mountain!

It seems like forever since I've been focussing on lettuce and tomatoes - however, it's only four weeks (and to be honest I've only really been focussed for a week!) Other colourful food wrappings are so distracting.... It doesn't have to be like that with recipes like the one below for Cheese and Potato Scones

I can find any excuse when it comes to scrummy food, even make up a few innovative new ones!  Emotional eating, happy eating, sad eating, social eating, anti-social eating, taste testing, recipe innovating, not sure the kids will like it  - you get the general idea?  I need to have a stern word with myself - "Get a grip girl!"  Ok ready to climb back in the saddle! (Oh exercise, well that's a whole new blog topic!)

I'm one of those pictorial thinkers; you can pick us out in conversation from comments we make like "I see what you're thinking!" or "I clearly see the way forward..."   So, true to form, I decided that a visual was required to keep me on track - not of my curviness; not of a whale nor an eclipse; not even of a before and after of the last very successful - albeit I've lost the plot to maintain it and rediscovered my passion for bread - diet. I hate that word, reframe it..... quick...... - healthy eating regime!  No, this visual had to be hard hitting - thought provoking.  This visual needed to be able to be manipulated as I progressed.  This visual needed to be a mountain..... of butter!!


There is one amazing person at the fat-club who is now literally a full person less than she was 16 months ago - she's lost a whopping 8 stone!  Wow - that's an inspiration in itself... If she can do it, I don't see why I can't melt the butter I have to!  Wish me luck, I'm heading for the cous-cous!

CHEESE & POTATO SCONES

100g Smash Potato granules (orignal only)
3 Eggs
1 large tub of Fat Free Cottage Cheese
Salt/pepper
Then you can add any vegetables you would like e.g peppers, onions, chives or chillies.
  • Oven onto 220 or gas mark 6
  • Blitz cottage cheese, add the rest of the ingredients and add the vegetables. 
  • Shape into scone size pieces and flatten to inch deep. bake in oven on baking tray till golden brown. 
  • You can also use this as a pizza base. Bake the pizza base first and then top with your topping, if you want you can have cheese as a healthy extra if you have it available on your day.
    Free
    on Green and extra easy* 
 *(as long as you use your superfree food with it) 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments.