Tuesday 13 March 2012

Week 2 - weigh in, or weigh out?!

This week has been an adventure - I have been on a roller-coaster ride with work - Express Cooking Demo at the weekend as part of a Roadshow (I was so nervous and wanted it to be so right!)  Life - how was I going to create extra hours in the day to fit everything in!  Kids - activities, activities, activities..... and the thing that suffers is my food.  I don't know about you, but I go into reactive, snatch and grab mode!   I guess it's what we all do all the time.

Instead of the lovely healthy food I enjoy when I'm on the run I grab the first thing that comes to hand - crisps, cake, pasties .... and go .... not a good week although it only started to go wrong on Friday, then continued on Saturday and by Sunday, well I had given up and enjoyed some chocolate too!

So with a plan formulating I stepped on the scales in fear of putting all that "butter" back on.  To my delight that hadn't happened so, joy in my heart, I skipped back to the fridge for a no fat yogurt to celebrate!

What's your top tip for healthy food on the go?

Here's a really tasty and quick stir-fry supper dish.





Chilli Beef Noodles

Serves: 4

For Slimming World followers there are these Syns per serving:
Extra EasyFREE greenFREE* (*Add 6 Syns if not using steak as a Healthy Extra)

ingredients

  • 12oz/340g sirloin steak, all visible fat removed
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • ½ tsp crushed dried chillies
  • ½ red, yellow and green pepper
  • 1 carrot
  • 300g pack dried egg noodles

method

  1. Prepare the stir-fry ingredients: on the Cutting Board cut the steak into strips using the Utility Knife, place in a Classic Batter Bowl with the soy sauce and crushed chillies and marinate in the fridge for at least 10 minutes
  2. Slice the peppers and carrot; cook the noodles according to packet instructions, drain and set aside.
  3. Heat the Stir-fry Skillet and stir-fry in soy sauce and chillies for 2-3 minutes. Add the peppers and carrot and continue frying until softened. Add the noodles, heat through and serve.
Tip: You can replace the steak with the same weight of pork without changing the Syns on any choice.

This recipe is not suitable for home freezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments.