Thursday 8 March 2012

Kids Chuck and Bung Veggie Curry


OK, so yesterday I was Wonder Woman! 


School run without hiccups; packed lunches remembered, ironing done, Jeremy Kyle watched (it makes me realise how good my life it compared to those muppets!), hoovered and found out when tickets for the local JLS concert are going on sale!  That was all completed just in time for 11am coffee!!


Kids in from school - my son announced "I only want fruit and vegetables for tea Mummy!" OK - like the idea, but I bet I'd choose the wrong ones.....  I suggested the children collected the veggies together they wanted to eat - to my amazement this was the result!


Vegetable Curry - we call it a Chuck and Bung dish (you chuck it all in a pan and bung it on the stove!)

Any veg you want to use - we chucked together:  Onion, Carrots, Broccoli, Mushrooms, Pepper, French Beans, Asparagas, Tomatoes, Spinach, Celery, Root ginger, Garlic
Other things we bunged in:  Dessicated coconut, Sultanas, Garam Masala, Chilli powder, Turmeric, Curry powder, Chopped tomatoes, Tomato paste, Honey
Optional:  Double cream or Natural Yoghurt

What we did:
On Cutting Board, chop onion using Chefs Knife, place in Stir-fry Skillet. 
With Food Chopper chop ginger and then crush garlic using Garlic Press - add to pan.  Toss in a couple of handfuls of dessicated coconut and saute.  Stir occasionally using Small Mix n Scraper until coconut is toasted (I wish you could smell this it's so good!)  If you need to 'hide' vegetables, the Food Chopper is a great tool to use (sneeky Mummy - I did with the Spinach!)
Add rest of chopped vegetables, chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, honey and sultanas.  Combine and bring to the boil.





Measure spices using Adjustable Measuring Spoons.  For the rice use the fabulous Rice Cooker (I use it for everything and rice!!! More to follow on that in later posts...)  Measure 1 250ml Prep Bowl of rice and add 1.5 - 2 Prep Bowls of water.  Microwave as per rice packet instructions.  The insert in the lid of the Rice Cooker catches all the starch and leaves you with perfect results - every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments.